Saturday, December 8, 2012

Swole Routine WK 2

I plan to start the second week of my new routine tomorrow possibly. It's odd in that I'm used to taking recovery days from a sore upper back or sore lower back, but my rest days during this routine are used to recovery my joints. I've purposely not scheduled the conventional Deadlift as to have gas in the tank, and a fresher body.

I completed the first week of 6 training days in a row, and it was tough for my body to adapt to it. I knew the volume was like a mountain, but I got threw it, and was forced to do lots of mobility work and stretching, especially towards the end of the week. I did 48 bench press sets in total. I didn't care for the elbow joint pain, and constant need for massage. I felt some subtle knee joint pain.

Opposed to continue running my routine as planned, I've modified it with my analysis of the first week. I wanted to avoid subtracting volume because I like to progress linearly in weight and sets, but in order to keep myself farther away from overtraining, I've removed one set out of many exercises. I do no more than 2 sets of 8 on each exercise, and I changed a few sets of 5 to triples. I removed some high weight singles on Bench Press. I'm happy with all of the revisions, and expect week 2 to be very strong. Not only will I have more intensity from the drop in volume, but I'll be more adapted to this workload.

I found it a little hard to eat during the 6 days of consecutive training. My body knew that if I were to eat too much it would hinder my performance. I also decided to take more than one rest day at least after the first week. So I'm not abiding by the calendar days of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment