Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Swole Routine Log Update WK3D2

Each week I've tapered the volume down - more so on the transition from Week 2 to Week 3. I took all of my sets of 5s and made them 3s. I eliminated some singles, and reduced some triples to doubles. Having finished the second day, I can say that my joints are much more at ease than at the start of this routine. The Bench Press volume was obviously too much. I knew I was throwing myself in the fire. Sometimes it's OK to be burned for a while in that furnace. You come out all charred, but there's something new about yourself.

Towards the end of Week 2, I began feeling my hips much more. They require constant stretching and opening on each side. I've noticed that my Quads and Adductors are beginning to form a nice separation. I attribute the growth to frequency, lack of isolations, and training singles and doubles. I think doing Sumo Deadlifts helped wake up my hip muscles, and then adding the Trap-Bar Deadlift, I had a new Squat, which also affects the hips. I'm very glad I started doing Front Squats. I didn't find them comfortable, and I refused to train it. I have trouble with the clean grip, so I stick to cross grip. I'm still doing light weight (<135lb), but I can feel my quads really well in them, I have good depth, and mobility-wise, it feels great.

Hip Thrusts are still a very new exercise for me, but I'm noticing the benefits immediately. I do bridges some times while foam rolling, but had trouble holding the isolation, and this has really improved that. My Glutes are noticeably stronger in Deadlifts, and I feel a lot of mobility in each leg in thanks to the Glutes. My Calves are gaining mass and my ankles are looking cut. I'm in a very good place in my lifting right now. It's largely in part thank to listening to my body. I'm taking each week very seriously, and I'm proud to be on my way to finishing a third week of a 6-days-in-a-row routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment