Monday, December 3, 2012

Swole Routine Update

I'm on day 3 of 6 of week 1. I've noticed that psychologically I tend (or humans possibly) to grant events with too much respect and exaggeration. Just as with winter in Southern California, it becomes winter, and you have trouble recalling when it was ever so cold. Our memories after all are simply constructs, and so, should not be held too closely. I am referring to the pain I'm feeling this week from switching to high frequency and high volume.

My hands feel like I've been crawling on glass the past few days. The pain is deep as well like I've been trying to sand down a tree with my hands alone. My Triceps are big knots. The smaller muscles near my elbow are inflamed and ache severely. My arms look sinewy. No longer are they blocky and healthy looking. Instead, it looks like I lost a few pints of blood. My Lats are tight as a drum.

I've had mixed thoughts on the results I've seen thus far. I love to train, but to train 6 days a week is to guard your body more so than having more recovery days. I can tell my joints are taking a beating, and had I certain exercises scheduled, I'd already be in Snap City. I'll update this with what Father Time does to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment