Friday, September 24, 2010

Pull-Ups Chart

I've added a Week 4.5 to the Pull-Ups Chart. Sometimes there's just too big of a gap in the pattern between weeks and you need to create a workout between your last one and the one just beyond your reach. I've always enjoyed performing pull-ups, but on Wednesday, I did 41 total in 7 sets.

Similar to the high-rep push-ups I perform, entering the 40 range in pull-ups, I feel like I've hit a new plateau. In this state, I don't feel like I have strength, I'm rather dazed and hazy, but I have a confidence in my abilities and I know that I can do the next set. It's a sort of endurance that knows no end. It's like the autopilot feeling I've mentioned. I can't wait to hit three digit pull-up counts. I attribute my recent success in pull-ups due to concentrating on my lats, and flexing them often throughout the day, so that each time I perform a pull-up, I can flex my lats to boost me like a rocket over the bar.

I'll be making a Week 5.5 as well, and after Week 6, I'll devise a formula that has a smaller increase in reps with each week. In my experience, I've found that increasing what you do each week by just a little amount gives you guaranteed results, whereas trying to set big goals more frequently and advance more rapidly leads to injury, failure, and ultimately a weaker mental game.

No comments:

Post a Comment