Friday, September 24, 2010

Dips

I realized I hadn't included anything on dips on this site yet. I had never been able to do them prior to high-rep push-ups. They were never a goal or something I planned to add to my routine. At first I was only doing push-ups, then I added pull-ups, and one day I tried them since I knew I should have the tricep strength to do them. I matched how many pull-ups I did, and I've been doing that since then. At first, the pull-up counts were smaller, and the dips were easy, so I'd do them very slowly in an isometric style, but the quantity is finally ramping up, and I'm speeding up.

I wasn't a fan of chair dips as I didn't feel I was able to get full range of motion, but on parallel bars, you're lifting your entire bodyweight, and you're able to get such a nice stretch out of your chest. I love sinking low in the dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment