Sunday, November 25, 2012

Short-Term Lifting Goals

My focus lately has been on the almighty Bench Press. I struggle with form. I'm not even performing flat bench. I stick to decline exclusively b/c it takes the shoulders out of the equation, and my lack of leg-drive technique isn't a factor.

I've only recently began tucking my elbows. I didn't realize how important it was, and that the adjustment is quite severe. I never did push-ups with tucked elbows, and I hit incredible numbers. I now practice push-ups with the elbow tuck. I didn't like it at first, and I think that was b/c I wasn't used to firing my triceps from that position.

Muscle-Ups are very fun, and I'm slowly getting my body used to the technique before I start upping the reps and adding weight via dip belt. The movement is actually like cleaning weight off the floor with a barbell - notably the place where you finish the Deadlift and rotate the weight upward into an overhead press stage. The Muscle-Up has that movement but reversed.

I'm upping my weight on Hack Squats, Trap-Bar Deadlifts, and Sumo Deadlifts. I'm doing my Biceps Curls a bit different these days. I make the muscle do more work, and they've gotten more defined as a result. The range is shorter and I don't bring the bells to shoulder-height anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment