Friday, November 9, 2012

New Routine

I was previously strength training twice a week with heavy weight. Work sets included 5 reps mostly with some triples and singles. Running that routine for two months really let my body recover from the bodybuilding high volume routine I was doing before the strength training. So I have kept my two strength training days, in which I have broken personal records nonstop, and have added two full body workout days. Cardio has been added to all four days, which consists of the treadmill, switching between a slow jog, a fast walk, and a slow max incline walk where I contract my legs each step.

The cardio along with the full body workouts have visually made bodyfat drop off my stomach immediately. I lost 7 pounds in two days. I'm interested in bulking, but I can't afford the necessary amount of food. I'm training how my body wants to train. I enjoy all the exercises and the pace I take.

I feel the added two days (I call them Full Body Destruction) make for an unorthodox style of training. It's good to break the rules, and try things that others won't. I went nearly three years in my weight training career without using someone else's routine. I wanted to do the exercises that I chose, and to get the results from those exercises. And I'm still doing that. I feel that the extra practice in the techniques I employ with all the exercises I do will make me better at them. It also gives my body more limberness.

The strength training heavy weight workouts take a toll on my body and require deep pressure via foam rolling. I know lighter weight doesn't have this effect. I also knew that although I needed a full week to recover for the strength workouts, I had muscle groups that weren't necessarily sore, and I knew I could have been training them.

I've only had this first week of this new routine. I have no idea how my body will handle it, but I plan on it taking me to a new level of fitness. I have achieved many of my the goals I carved out in lifting. The Muscle-Up, the Human Flag, Dragon Flags, behind-the-neck pressing, Side-Planks, Inverted Dips, The One-Arm Push-Up, and Front Squats were all unattainable beasts I've conquered. Next in my sights are Free-Standing Handstands, Weighted Muscle-Ups, The One-Arm Dip, The One-Arm Pull-Up/Chin-Up, Plnache Push-Up, Bulgarian Split Squats, Olympic Lifts, and more will be added as time passes. I also have the desire to lift heavier on all my lifts. I feel it builds confidence, intelligence, and grants enlightenment. It instills perseverance to an ungodly level.

No comments:

Post a Comment