Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Abs and 3-Chair Push-Ups

I was relying on push-ups, pull-ups, crunches, dips, squats, and planks to develop my abs, but they weren't targeting the area effectively enough. I tried a quick routine called Ab Ripper 100. It's 10 exercises with 10 reps each. It hits a more complete area of the abs than anything I was doing prior. I did the routine a second time, only waiting about ten minutes. I'm going to continue doing the separate crunches and this new routine.

After some more practice with these new techniques, I'll break them down more and look into exactly what regions the moves target.

I still plan to hit 500 push-ups this Friday, but I've just added a new push-up variation that I'm still experimenting with. It's the 3-chair push-up. One chair for each hand, and one for both feet. This allows you to go deeper than floor push-ups and push-up bars. I'm not sure if I want to hold the down positions or just slam into them and slam out. It worked my pecs and chest to a degree I hadn't hit yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment