Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Breathing

We breathe involuntarily, otherwise we'd be unconscious or dead. But that doesn't mean you can't assume control of your breathing. Every inhale and exhale matters. Timing matters. For push-ups, exhale when you lower your body and inhale when you straighten your arms. If you don't breathe or breathe ineffectively, you can pass out. Before I optimized my breathing, I was seeing red and more succumb to dizzy spells.

Breathing is very hypnotic. It can prepare you for meditation, exercise, presentations, or anything else you need to focus for. Just breathing in and out and listening, you can sync everything in a comforting, focused way. I'm going to miss breathing when I'm dead.

You can perform more push-ups and pull-ups with proper breathing. So it's better to tune your technique sooner than later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment