Monday, December 2, 2013

How To Do 300 Push-Ups In One Workout - Count Master

As previously stated in an entry, the human mind is fallible to the degree where it is laughable, and thus we can predict how it'll act, and can keep our focus. Instead of counting linearly and thinking of each number either before or after the rep, I find counting only to five a much simpler task for your brain. So to count to 50, you would count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - 1, then 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - 2, etc. until you get to 10 groups of 5. It gets a little trickier counting to 100+. I will select some 'markers' (you can use any object - a few markers of different colors) and I'll denote each marker to 5 groups of 5, representing 25 reps, and thus four of these markers represent 100 altogether.

The reason I implemented the counting technique is that as I did high rep sets of push-ups, there would be a sticking point (for example say 60). If I count linearly and once I come upon 55, I know that there's only 5 more to do until I hit 60, and because of that, I'll slow the reps down, granting them more intensity, but at the same time burning out my energy and strength so that I'll feel done at 60 repetitions.

The high reps may have a few different affects on your body. The first stage is the pump, which comes after the first and second set. The muscles fill with blood, which supplies oxygen to the cells, making you feel better than fantastic. If you take too long of a break between sets, your body may go cold - at this point you would have lost the pump and you'd have a cold sweat on you. Obviously that isn't desirable, but it can easily happen if you get sidetracked in a conversation for instance. Another feeling you may experience is a sort of general fatigue setting in at the half way point to your goal. With lifting in general, I find that staying calm with a regular pulse between sets will allow you to recover faster. So if you feel fatigue, do not give up hope. Instead, keep your eyes out for your second wind, which is surprisingly common when doing any type of endurance work.

The last bodily state you may find yourself in is when you've had a good pump, and have done most of the work, but your body no longer feels strong, and your muscles feel entirely used up, but more reps are possible. Usually at this state, the amount of reps you can do per set increases. I don't know whether or not it's good to continue at that state. On one hand, you may complete the desired amount of repetitions, and so you should continue, on the other hand, you may be doing more bad than good, and an injury could show its face.

No comments:

Post a Comment