Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Are You Lifting or Are You Recovering? And Nervous System Nuisances

To maximize efficiency in the world of lifting, you must either be lifting or recovering. You can even branch that out to each of your muscles/limbs. Are they recovering? Could they be? Because of the variance of our bone length and proportions, less or more work may be necessary. Not all lifts are equal in their ability to work a muscle. Cut the filler, strategize, and execute. Every day counts. It's 24 hours. The effect of using time extremely efficiently is akin to time traveling. Four workouts a week versus two workouts a week could potentially double your gains. Do not forget that it takes desire, and 'want'. If your body fights you, and sends you signals of distress, your reaction should be to diagnose, analyze, and repair. Do not let injuries fester. Attend them and be done with it. Attack, and know that rest shouldn't be something you look forward to; it is simply a necessity that'll occur during the convenient time duration of your choice. Conquer.

I've noticed some strange happenings with my nervous system with the increased volume in push-ups and pull-ups, and the swap to the 8/6/3 routine from 5/3/1. I wouldn't say that it's fried, but it's constantly there for me. I have a constant flow of available strength through the nervous system that isn't typically there. For instance, I feel I could Deadlift 450lb with no warm-up at any point of the day. That strength is just lying in the grass waiting for me to channel the thoughts of achieving said violation. It could be a foreshadowing of overreaching coming to play, which is basically a less serious version of over-training. I can imagine this would be a good state to be in for physically fighting.

As I am battling my nervous system and joints beginning to fail, recovery has been paramount, although I never turn off the recovery switch in regular training. On a daily basis, I use tools such as a foam roller, stretch out straps (8ft long piece of material with loops along it), Theracane (for traps, lats, anterior delts), and general stretches (unconventional) throughout the day. Showers seem to help as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment