Saturday, April 2, 2011

Enter Yoga

I was hesitant about yoga until recently. My main experiences with it in culture were the TV show Dharma and Gregg from '97-'02, and Dhalsim from Street Fighter. I didn't understand the importance of flexibility or stretching back then.

After beginning to incorporate power breathing, I started looking into yoga and Chinese Qigong, which is Hindu in origin. I gravitated towards The Five Tibetan Rites. They're said to have many health benefits when performed regularly. I've found the 5 rites to aid in my abs and back flexibility.

I'm looking to memorize the 26 Bikram poses, . but currently, I'm doing these 27 yoga poses that are printed on a yoga mat I purchased.

I'm performing The 5 Rites, followed by the 27 yoga poses above, morning and evening every day. I've only been doing this for 4 days, but I can see the value in yoga like I never had before. I plan on switching to The 5 Rites and Bikram poses in a month's time. You can increase the number of reps you do in the 5 Tibetan rites until you get to 21 reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment